Thanks Bilby Family and Sequoyah Public School of Claremore ! Student artists at Sequoyah Public Schools brought history to life on a piano they donated to the Claremore Museum of History. The piano is decorated with the theme of Rogers County, prominently highlighting the schools, tribes and historical figures that contributed to putting Claremore, Oklahoma on the map.The top of the piano is adorned with the portraits of Patti Page, Lynn Riggs, Stuart Roosa, Clem and Will Rogers, and Andy Payne. The front gives recognition to the county’s Osage and Cherokee roots. The back is a tribute to Principal Chief Clermont of the Arkansas Band of Osage, for whom the city of Claremore was named. The logos of the Rogers State University Hillcats, the Claremore Zebras and the Sequoyah Eagles recognize the schools that serve the Claremore area.The cow-filled pasture and Claremore Lake scene beneath the keys honor the land and animals that allow Rogers County to thrive.And the left side of the piano is painted to memorialize the woman who originally donated the piano to the school. In sky blue, beneath a Route 66 sign, the piano is dedicated, “In memory of, and donated by, Pam Bilby, Sep. 4, 1952 – May 10, 2018.” The Sequoyah students who worked on the piano since September were Seniors Lauryn Anderson and Kaylee Landrum; Junior Kenley Bilby; and Sophomores Madison Pope, Cailin Warner and Nicole Meeks.
The museum is open Tues - Sat 11am-4pm
121 N Weenonah Ave, Claremore, OK 74017